IMC Music Store
Fanny Crosby: Newly Discovered Hymns & Songs CD
Fanny Crosby was an American mission worker, poet, lyricist, and composer. She was one of the most prolific hymnists in history, writing more than 8,000 hymns and gospel songs, despite being blind from shortly after birth. She is also known for her teaching and her rescue mission work. By the end of the 19th century, she was a household name.
Co-executive producer Stephen Kelly, an antique hymn collector, found unfinished and unpublished works by Crosby at Wheaton College in Illinois. This discovery has led to a newly recorded project entitled, Fanny Crosby: Newly Discovered Hymns & Songs. This collection of 15 new productions features today's top artists in Inspirational, Bluegrass and Southern Gospel music.
"This is a project that comes along only once in a career," stated co-producer Wayne Haun. "To comb through these unfinished works that were started over 100 years ago is humbling. Each writer carefully composed additional verses, choruses and melodies that remained true to the Crosby style. She was truly one of America's greatest treasures."
1. "Shout Hosanna" – Ernie Haase & Signature Sound
2. "I Know the Sweet Voice of the Shepherd" – Legacy Five
3. "Beside the Cross" – Sally Berry, Lizzy Long, Rhonda Vincent
4. "God of this Moment and God Evermore" – Charles Billingsley with Sisters
5. "Hold Me Up" – Jasan Crabb with Amber Nelon Thompson & Darla McFadden
6. "The Isles of the Deep" - Triumphant
7. "Calmly Resting in the Lord" – The Erwins
8. "Be Still" – The Whisnants
9. "Not in My Strength" – The Booth Brothers
10. "I Know That Jesus Loves Me" – The Collingsworth Family
11. "Jesus" – The Jim Brady Trio
12. "In Another Hour of Song" – The Perrys
13. "My Soul Shall Trust in Thee" – The Guardians
14. "His Love Will Shelter Me" – Tim Lovelace with the Easters
15. "A Crown of Life" – The Mylon Hayes Family